Wicklow SPCAs plan of action to reopen during the next month.
Currently WSPCA is not open to the general public. Our gates are closed at all times.
- Anyone looking to view a cat or dog can do so by contacting the office on 0404 44783 and requesting an appointment time.
- After receiving your appointment date/time and arriving at the entrance you will need to phone the office and a member of staff will let you in.
- Facebook is currently the best place to see what animals we have available for adoption on a day to day basis.
- Our buildings, offices, shop and toilets are closed to the general public at the moment so we ask that after parking your car you approach the main entrance to our building and wait for a member of staff – this waiting area is marked for you just outside the foyer. Please wait for a member of staff to chat with you – do not wander around. At the moment we ask that no more than two persons come together to view our animals.
- If you wish to view a dog we will direct you to the dog park and the dog in question will be brought over to you. When you have had enough time getting to know the dog please bring him/her back to the waiting area.
- If you wish to view a cat the member of staff will take you over to the cattery.
- Our adoption coordinator will then take you through and complete the required paperwork if you decide to adopt one of our animals.
We are hoping to open WSPCA gates to the general public on the 29th June (fingers crossed).
- Appointments to view the animals will no longer be necessary.
- The same protocol above applies.
- We ask that no more than 4 persons in one group. One of which is to wait at the waiting area until a member of staff is available to deal with your group. All other persons to wait in the car until this time.
- Hand sanitizer is available at entry/exit points for the public’s use.
- The dog park will be open to the public during normal opening times. We ask that only one visiting group use this at a time. Please bring your own toys/balls for your dog.
- Please respect our staff and adhere to the government policies on social distancing at all times. These protocols are in place for our staff’s safety as well as members of the general public, we thank you for adhering to them.